Saturday, August 28, 2010

Rehearsal

It literally means rehearsal, dance rehearsal. The bridal party and groomsmen went to a place called DanceAlive Studio in Chippendale, where the bestman, who's been taking lessons, choreographed a dance for the groomsmen and a salsa dance for everyone. Frankly, I'm okay with it and I think I'm picking it up well. Sadly, the bride and groom decided to not use it.

So with a $25/hr session going to waste, it was pretty stupid just reorganizing and planning it over and over again. This includes changing songs, reordering the entrance, re-choreographing the dance etc etc. We settled on something not as impressive, but it'll do. And now I need to come up with a 5 second allow-me-to-introduce-myself dance.

Aside from this, I was doing the filming. There were only two cameras, and they were both situated at the back corner of the studio. My idea was to make it like So You Think You Can Dance, featuring several confessions. But due to the time constraint, there were no confessions and nothing I planned for the filming of the dance happened.

At least I got some moves to use, haha.

No comments: