Sunday, September 5, 2010

Restoration

It was a long, long week. And every night was long, long. I've been working on my brother and sis-in-law-to-be's project for quite some time, trying to figure out what is causing the crashes and if there is anything that needs touch up. I haven't been having any decent sleep.

Oh ... what is 'the project', you ask?
Sorry. Let me take it from the top.
My brother and sis-in-law-to-be (hereby known as 'his fiance') is getting married soon and they asked me to make a photo slide-show to be presented when everyone is seated and eating. And with what little media background I have, and an empty portfolio, I thought this was a good place to start. And also, every wedding I've been to had very standard slide-shows. I want to do something different and WOW-ing, and thusly, I'm using Adobe After Effects, for the first time, to create something abstract and elegant (which, by the way ladies and gentlemen, isn't my style at all), without detracting from the photos itself.

ANYWAY ...
Lately, the projects haven't been able to render out as a video file, and constantly crashes. Subsequently, I have been staying up trying to figure it out, while juggling work during the day. So I sought the help of university computers (my return since tutoring in May). I also enlisted the help of old friend and fellow classmate, Quilesca for entrance to uni labs, opinion on current video, minor technical difficulties, several animation ideas, and musical guidance. Quilesca is also my first nominee for a potential graphic/media free-lancing team, I thought about starting.

Long story short, it rendered perfectly and I have the introduction and one slideshow out. Now I got my brother's and the couple's slideshow left, and then music and sound FX.

Also ... I've been getting 8+ hours of sleep ... FINALLY ... WOOOOOOWEEEEEEE ~!!!

No comments: