Thursday, September 9, 2010

Reception

(Note: last post was renamed because I realize 'Recovery' was already uses. By now you'd notice that the titles all start with 'Re', no reason, just like it.)

I thought I'd focus on last night's events. I got home from work especially early so I could get dressed for a musical performance (not me, I'm the audience). Initially, I thought I'd go with just jeans and a jacket, because I was going with relatives, but when I heard a lady friend was coming along, I immediately shirted up going from typical hang out to business casual.

Anyway, it was all going smoothly until my brother needed the car, subsequently shaving 30 minutes from my preparation time and also losing me time to eat. Guess what? I was 30 minutes early.

Anyway
The musical I watched was, "Wicked Witch of Oz". I won't disclose anything plot-related until it goes off, but this post is my reception of the performance. One word describes it all ... But I can't because I would like to elaborate on it.

Wicked is one of those performance where you can feel all the emotions displayed by each character and you are taken in by their every word. The songs, dance, costumes, and set (though limited to materialistic representation) really makes you feel the atmosphere and story. What draws us more is that, although it is fantasy, it draws upon real situations that you and I can encounter in our everyday, thus making the characters more relate able. It's a journey that barely makes anyone aware of how much time has passed. I dare speak for everyone when I say, 100% attention guaranteed.

Astounding, truly remarkable. I highly recommend it.

What happened to the lady friend? Well, let's say that her height intimidated me. But she is a pretty girl.

Night finished with a few photos and MacDonalds.

No comments: