Saturday, October 2, 2010

Recognition

"Hi, My name is Jackey Tran. I am a freelancing Graphics/Media Designer and founder of Breakthrough Designs."

You read it ... most of it is true. My name is Jackey Tran and I am, as of today, a freelancing graphics/media/website designer. I just met my first client today, who found me via networks. We did a birthday catering at my brother's colleague's house and they were happy with our service. I don't know the whole story, but they knew we did website designing and thus began my dive into the field.

Today I met them at their house (oh, by the way, they are a beauty salon - the second elegant-based website; the first being RJ Weddings). I went through the price with them, which is reasonably lower than competition and high enough for me to make a nice profit. Then, we spoke of the design. The best part is that when they chose a design that was in my sketch book, meaning I have just saved much of my time thinking. But I have chosen to design a few more anyway because I personally don't think that, with the items they provided me, it would suit their website.

It's so cool. Because, ever since my "I'm a teacher at University of New South Wales" line expired (YES, I TAUGHT THERE), I have been needing a new intro line, and I have found it.

"Hi, My name is Jackey Tran. I am a freelancing Graphics/Media Designer and founder of Breakthrough Designs."

No comments: