Monday, September 20, 2010

Replay

Last night I travelled 2.5 hours up north to see my friend's stage performance. I figured, I don't do much for her and we have been friends for over a decade, might as well do something nice.

The performance was known as Quickies III, by first year students in Diploma in Acting, Newcastle Academy of Acting.

She did about 6/10(?) short plays ranging from comedic dialogues to dramatic monologues. I have to say that it was rather interesting to watch and I got to empathize some of the characters (especially, and strangely, the tragic ones). Nice to see that she took the effort to learn an accent for her impression of a Jewish figure reflecting on a Nazi incident. Bravo.

Whereas for me, I might want to reconsider my cast for "Honey, I Love You", which by the way, ladies and gentlemen, is a psychotic thriller and NOT a romantic ladidda.

No comments: